Banana bread is a type of bread made from mashed bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread and I don't know a person alive that doesn't like it.
- Pre heat the fan oven to 165C (Gas 4)
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Sieve together the flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
- Whisk together the softened butter and sugar until it is light and creamy, then add in all the eggs slowly whilst still mixing. Don’t worry if the mix starts to curdle a little.
- Add in the dry ingredients slowly while still mixing, until its all well incorporated and no lumps of flour remain in the mix.
- Add in the mashed bananas and incorporate into the mix. (at this stage you can also add in sultanas, chopped dates or walnuts if you desire!)
- Pour the cake batter into the lined cake tin and smooth out the mix until the surface is flat.
- Place the tin in the pre-heated oven and bake for approx. 60 minutes. Check if it is cooked by inserting a knife in the centre, if it comes out clean then the cake is cooked.
- Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- 210g butter (softened)
- 210g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 210g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes
These deliciously sweet semi sundried tomatoes are so simple to make and much nicer than the store brought variety! July brings with it an abundance of tomatoes in the greenhouse and what better way to enjoy them all year round, and they are so versatile too! pop a few into a cream pasta sauce, serve on an artisan board or serve alongside baked fish. Enjoy!