Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
This is a pretty versatile basic recipe. If you remove the lemon and blueberries, you can change the variety, as below… Apple & walnut Raspberry & lemon Strawberry & vanilla Chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 200c. line a muffin tray with 12 paper bun cases.
- Cream together the butter, lemon zest and both sugars with an electric mixer until it becomes a creamy texture (approx. 7-8 minutes).
- Whisk up the eggs and add them slowly to the butter mix whilst mixing,
- In a separate bowl, whisk up the milk, lemon juice & sour cream for a few seconds.
- Slowly add in the liquid mix into the mixing bowl whilst mixing.
- Add in the flour and salt, and mix slowly until just combined! (if you over mix, it will result in tough muffins).
- Fold in ½ of the blueberries (fresh or frozen, but not defrosted! As it makes the mix turn purple and results in flopped muffins)
- Spoon the mix into the 12 cases, dividing equally until it just comes slightly over the top. Pop on 2/3 blueberries on the top of each until you use them all up.
- Pop the tray in the hot oven for approx. 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked throughout.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tray. Enjoy!
- 361g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 115g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 lemon (Zest & juice)
- 115g sour cream
- 115g buttermilk
- 150g blueberries
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes
These deliciously sweet semi sundried tomatoes are so simple to make and much nicer than the store brought variety! July brings with it an abundance of tomatoes in the greenhouse and what better way to enjoy them all year round, and they are so versatile too! pop a few into a cream pasta sauce, serve on an artisan board or serve alongside baked fish. Enjoy!
Vegan & Gluten Free Avocado, Lime & Coconut cake
This cake is seriously yummy and healthy too! not only that, but its also gluten free and vegan too! i sliced it and topped it with my favourite crunchy nut butter and fresh berries. You can also top with a vegan chocolate spread, sliced bananas and toasted nuts. The creamy topping is made from whipped coconut and lime zest (very refreshing!) Give it a go end let me know how you get on. Top tip...make two! Enjoy!