Chocolate chip cookies have got to be the most searched recipe on the web with many searching for the "best chocolate chip recipe" like myself! I have tried around 20 different recipes that claim to be the best, but have not lived up to its claims unfortunately! With a tweaking, I've got to admit these are pretty darn good cookies. I hope your search has come to an end, and please let me know your thoughts. #rusticgrub
- Preheat the oven to 175c and prepare 2 baking trays lined with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and sugars for approx. 5 minutes with an electric whisk until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk for 1 minute more. Sieve in the flour and bread soda and mix by hand until combined.
- At this stage you can add in the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Using a potato scoop, scoop 5 cookies mounds onto each large baking tray ensuring to leave room for them to spread a little. Do not press down the mounds, leave the scoops as is.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly coloured. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy
you can omit the chocolate chips and replace with 100g of the following instead
- Chocolate & orange
- White chocolate, orange& cranberry
- Chocolate & hazelnut
- Pecan & maple
- Coffee & walnut
- Crushed Oreo
- To make chocolate based cookies, omit 20g of flour and replace with 20g cocoa powder
- 300g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bread soda!
- 150g real butter(softened)
- 125g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg +1 egg yolk
- Drop of vanilla essence
- 100g chocolate chips