There is nothing more pleasing than the aroma of orange, cinnamon & star anise wafting through your home and puts you in the festive mood. Not only is this sauce delicious ruby sauce ideally paired with your roast turkey, it also pairs well with pate, cheese and cold cuts. This is my favourite gifting sauce for friends and family over the Christmas holidays. It is also so simple to make!
- Place all the ingredients into a medium size pot and bring to the boil.
Allow to simmer for approx 20 minutes until the cranberries have popped and you have a jam-like consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and star anise!
Using a small ladle, pour the sauce into hot sterilised jars. (Be careful!).
- Allow to cool, place lids on the jars &label.
These make lovely gifts which goes really well with cheese too!
- 200ml orange juice
- 250g caster sugar
- 50ml port
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1x 340g pack fresh cranberries
- 1x cinnamon stick
- 3x star anise
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice