Rhubarb Crumble Ice Cream
- For the crumble, place the ingredients on a blender and blitz for a few seconds at a time until you have a consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Pour on to a baking tray and bake for approx. 15 minutes at 170c until golden. Allow to cool.
- For the rhubarb, place the sugar and rhubarb in a pot and stir over a medium heat for approx. 15 minutes until you have a lovely pink jammy consistency. Allow to cool completely!
- For the ice-cream, place the condensed cream, vanilla seeds and semi whipped cream in a large bowl and whisk together for a few minutes until it starts to thicken up but not stiff!
- Mix in half of the cooled rhubarb and continue to mix for a few seconds until incorporated.
- Spread a thin layer of the ice-cream mix into a plastic tub then a thin layer of the jammy rhubarb, followed by some of the cooled crumble mix. Continue this layering process until all the mixes are layered within the plastic tub. Cover and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight. When it has frozen, scoop into dessert bowls and serve, enjoy! 😉
- 500g pink rhubarb
- (cut into 1” pieces)
- 75g caster sugar
For the crumble....
- 100g plain flour
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 75g cold butter
For the ice-cream....
- 300ml cream (semi whipped)
- 300ml tin condensed milk
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes
These deliciously sweet semi sundried tomatoes are so simple to make and much nicer than the store brought variety! July brings with it an abundance of tomatoes in the greenhouse and what better way to enjoy them all year round, and they are so versatile too! pop a few into a cream pasta sauce, serve on an artisan board or serve alongside baked fish. Enjoy!
Vegan & Gluten Free Avocado, Lime & Coconut cake
This cake is seriously yummy and healthy too! not only that, but its also gluten free and vegan too! i sliced it and topped it with my favourite crunchy nut butter and fresh berries. You can also top with a vegan chocolate spread, sliced bananas and toasted nuts. The creamy topping is made from whipped coconut and lime zest (very refreshing!) Give it a go end let me know how you get on. Top tip...make two! Enjoy!