Sticky Toffee, Date & Walnut Pudding
Who doesn't love sticky toffee pudding. Mine has added natural sweetness from the dates and a little something to crunch through with the walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 170c. grease and flour an 8, 9 or 10inch round or square baking tin.
- Place the dates, water, vanilla, sugar, butter and treacle into a pot and bring to the boil, allow to cool for approx 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place all the ingredients for the toffee sauce in a pot and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, your sauce is ready (but hot!!0 Set aside.
- Place the cooled ingredients for step into a food processor and blend until smooth, add in the egg and milk, blend for 5 seconds, then add in the flour and bread soda, blend for 20 seconds until no flour remains to be seen. Add in the chopped walnuts and blend for 3 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin and bake for approx 40-45 minutes until it is cooked. Remove from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the hot cake (omitting the walnut & date chunks) and place it back in the oven for a further 5 minutes until bubbles appear over the top- this gives it the sticky topping appearance.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving it topped with that yummy sauce and vanilla ice-cream of course! Enjoy!
- 225g stoned dates
- 175g boiling water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp salt
- 85g butter diced
- 140g brown sugar
- 2 tbspns black treacle
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 175g self raising flour
- 1tsp bread soda
- 100g chopped walnuts
- Toffee Sauce Recipe
- 17g brown sugar
- 225g cream
- 50g butter
- 1tbsp black treacle
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 dates sliced
- 6 walnuts chopped
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes
These deliciously sweet semi sundried tomatoes are so simple to make and much nicer than the store brought variety! July brings with it an abundance of tomatoes in the greenhouse and what better way to enjoy them all year round, and they are so versatile too! pop a few into a cream pasta sauce, serve on an artisan board or serve alongside baked fish. Enjoy!
Vegan & Gluten Free Avocado, Lime & Coconut cake
This cake is seriously yummy and healthy too! not only that, but its also gluten free and vegan too! i sliced it and topped it with my favourite crunchy nut butter and fresh berries. You can also top with a vegan chocolate spread, sliced bananas and toasted nuts. The creamy topping is made from whipped coconut and lime zest (very refreshing!) Give it a go end let me know how you get on. Top tip...make two! Enjoy!