Vanilla Pannacotta, Champagne Rhubarb Jelly
- For the panna cotta, soak the gelatine in a little cold water to soften them.
- Place the milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla seeds in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves and whisk them into the hot milk and give it a stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour evenly into 4 glasses. Place in the refrigerator to set (approx. 1 hour)
- To make the jelly, place the rhubarb, grenadine, water and sugar in a pot and simmer gently (without stirring) until the rhubarb is cooked (approx. 10minutes) but not mushy! Strain the rhubarb while keeping the rhubarb intact for decoration later.
- Soak the gelatine in a little cold water until softened. Add the gelatine into the rhubarb syrup and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
- When the panna cotta has set, pour the rhubarb jelly on the top of the 4 glasses equally. Allow to set again for 2-3 hours.
- Decorate the panna cotta with the cooked rhubarb and serve with some buttery shortbread cookies, yum! 😉
- 4 gelatine leaves (any supermarket brand)
- 330ml milk
- 330ml cream
- 35g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod split lengthways and seeds scraped out.
For the jelly....
- 4 leaves gelatine (any supermarket brand)
- 400g rhubarb cut into 3” lengths.
- 30ml grenadine
- 60ml water
- 140g caster sugar
RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Homemade Sundried Tomatoes
These deliciously sweet semi sundried tomatoes are so simple to make and much nicer than the store brought variety! July brings with it an abundance of tomatoes in the greenhouse and what better way to enjoy them all year round, and they are so versatile too! pop a few into a cream pasta sauce, serve on an artisan board or serve alongside baked fish. Enjoy!
Vegan & Gluten Free Avocado, Lime & Coconut cake
This cake is seriously yummy and healthy too! not only that, but its also gluten free and vegan too! i sliced it and topped it with my favourite crunchy nut butter and fresh berries. You can also top with a vegan chocolate spread, sliced bananas and toasted nuts. The creamy topping is made from whipped coconut and lime zest (very refreshing!) Give it a go end let me know how you get on. Top tip...make two! Enjoy!